IMPORTANT: Read the guidelines for identifying
and scanning/entering book bar codes and UPC's at http://www.scoutpal.com/db/howtoscan
Enter the Key on your PDA, exactly as it's shown here. (Hint:
write the Key on a piece of tape and stick it on the back of the PDA,
in case you need it again.)
- The only way that you can fail to get a KEY is if the
CODE is not entered perfectly.
- The only way that a KEY will fail to unlock your device
is if the KEY is not entered perfectly on the device.
If it's not working for you, please carefully READ all of the notes below:
- Type the Code into this form, exactly as it's displayed on the
PDA, including dashes.
- Once you have the KEY, you will type the KEY into
- The Code displayed on the PDA is what you type into this page.
- The KEY you will get from this page is what you type back into
- The Code and the Key can ONLY contain the numbers 0-9 (zero through
nine), dashes (-), and the letters a-f. (abcdef) Computers
are picky about things like this, so you have to type them in exactly
- You'll find lowercase easier to type and proofread -- but you can enter letters
in lowercase, UPPERCASE, or even MiXed cAsE, it doesn't matter.
- Be sure to include any dashes and put them in the right place.
- When you see something that looks like a letter "Oh (O)",
that's not what it is, it's really the number "zero (0)".
So enter it using the zero (0) keyboard button, not
the letter O keyboard button.
- When you see something that looks like a lowercase letter "el (l)",
that's not what it is; it's really the number "one (1)".
So enter it using the one (1) keyboard button, not
the letter L keyboard button.
- An uppercase letter B and the number 8 can sometimes look the
same on a screen. So look at it closely; same with D and 0
- If you get an error message here, you haven't entered the Code correctly,
look at your PDA and re-type it into the form above -- it has be exact and perfect.
- If you get an unlock error message on the PDA, you haven't entered the
Key correctly, tap Settings and try again -- it has be exact