Getting Started with ScoutPal in 3 Steps
Note: If you just need to get started with ScoutPalDB, use the
instructions on the ScoutPalDB Information Page.
how to sign up:
Step 1: Register your Amazon Seller
ID with ScoutPal Live, using one of the methods below: A,
B, or C, depending on your equipment. Note that you must Send
the ID after entering it on the form. (Here's
a tool that will help you get your Seller ID)
Register to use ScoutPal with:
- ... an iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile phone, Blackberry,
or a similar type of smart phone: use the
"Go to URL" function on your cell phone's
web browser and go to directly to
- ... an ordinary cell phone (flip phone,
etc., aka "feature phone"): use the "Go
to URL" function on your cell phone's web browser and go to either:
("waptest" instead of "www") (Learn
-- or --
Note that the preceding waptest URLs can only be used with
a cell phone WAP browser. If you have a smartphone, use method "A",
- ... to be ready for ScoutPalDB installation - or to use ScoutPal
Live with a computer, or other full-screen web-browsing device: (iPad,
Browse to this page using the device, then
Click here to register your Amazon Seller
Register Method-C users: If
you chose to create a ScoutPal account when registering your Seller ID,
and you finished that process fully, you may skip ahead to Step 3.
Step 2: Return to the ScoutPal home page using your desktop computer
(not your phone) and click on "Subscribe"
Trial" -- a free trial can only be used with ScoutPal Live.)
- You will create your own unique ScoutPal login ID and password while
signing up. You'll need to enter your Amazon Seller ID a few times
more during the process, but after that you'll use your ScoutPal ID.
- Please use a correct email address in the subscription form so you can
get the instructions on how to use ScoutPal.
- If you're signing up with a paid subscription:
After you fill out the ScoutPal registration form, you will choose a
subscription billing period and then complete the first subscription payment
- You won't need to have a PayPal account established first, one will
be created for you automatically by PayPal when you pay by credit card.
- If you do have an existing PayPal account: login to PayPal
when you are directed to the payment page. You'll then be on a page
in your PayPal account where you can complete the transaction. If
want to pay with a specific credit card instead of your PayPal balance
and/or backup funding source, be sure to click "More Payment Options"
before you click on PayPal's "Pay Now" button.
It's recommended that you
do not use a "PayPal eCheck" because if you do, PayPal will not
activate your subscription until the check has cleared.
- If you're signing up for a free trial: (ScoutPal
Live use only)
After filling out the registration form, click on the "FREE 1 Week Trial"
button. On the next page, click on the "Yes -- Please Activate" button.
You can later login to the "ScoutPal Users" area anytime during or after
your trial period to convert your trial account to a paid subscription.
Step 3: You may begin to use ScoutPal after you receive your
"Welcome To ScoutPal" email. ScoutPal Live users should then visit the
How To Bookmark page to learn how to:
- Find the service URL that will work best with your particular model
- Setup a bookmark for both the primary and backup servers.
- Login with your ID/password automatically.